More about Kubernetes Data Management
- New Astra update adds deep Kubernetes data protection features with broad ecosystem integration
- Achieve application consistency for your Kubernetes Apps using Astra Control Execution hooks
- Astra Control Protects workloads running Microsoft Azure Kubernetes Service and Azure Disk Storage
- Astra now supports Kubernetes operators!
- Deploy NetApp Astra from Red Hat OpenShift OperatorHub
- Astra Control adds Rancher and Upstream Kubernetes Support
- NetApp Astra Control Center: The easy button for your Application’s data management
- NetApp Astra Control Service – Bring your own Bucket (BYOB)
- Kubernetes Application Data Management: Why?
- NetApp Astra Control now deployable as on-premises software
- Announcing our latest addition to Astra: Astra Trident
- NetApp Astra Control: A deep dive into the use cases
- Astra Control – Simplifying Kubernetes application data management for the hybrid cloud
- Astra now supports Azure Kubernetes Service, Azure NetApp Files, and multicloud data management
- Simplify your AI/ML journey with Iguazio and NetApp Astra
- Astra – World’s first fully managed application-aware data management service built for Kubernetes
Subscribe to our blog
Thanks for subscribing to the blog.
At NetApp, our primary goal has always been to answer business-critical questions raised by our customers running Kubernetes applications in production. As you would have guessed, Kubernetes is not a one-size-fits-all and requires careful evaluation and architectural planning. No two environments are alike. At the same time, there are certain base requirements that are essential for stateful production workloads:
- Access to reliable, on-demand persistent storage.
- Comprehensive feature set that empowers Kubernetes users to achieve more with storage than just provisioning/deprovisioning.
- Application consistency, when backing up and migrating entire workloads.
- Data and application mobility, to exploit the true potential of a hybrid multi-cloud strategy.
As a leader in data management, NetApp understands the challenges that are unique to Kubernetes deployments. Customers today require products that are purpose-built for Kubernetes and a portfolio that addresses the requirements described above. For effectively supporting production-grade Kubernetes applications, a suite of storage and data management solutions should be provided such that:
- Users can flexibly choose what they want, without worrying about compatibility.
- Users can consume multiple constituents, should priorities change.
Say hello to Astra Trident
With these goals in mind, we are excited to announce Trident’s addition to the Astra portfolio. Say hello to Astra Trident. As a foundational pillar of NetApp’s Kubernetes offerings, Astra Trident has been instrumental in providing a path forward for Kubernetes adopters and pioneers alike. After 44 releases and multiple CSI-compliant storage drivers, Trident has an established track record and is trusted by industry leading enterprise customers across multiple verticals. Our commitment to building a community-driven quality open-source product is stronger than ever. This change solidifies NetApp’s mission to make Astra the place to be for all things Kubernetes storage and data; Trident brings success and versatility to the Astra portfolio, making for a perfect union.
Users can continue to download and use Astra Trident the same way. Our latest release, v21.07.0, is now available to download from the GitHub repository. To learn more about everything that is new, be sure to check out the release blog hosted on netapp.io.